What are the best thread brands to use?

adminemb
Site Admin

What are the best thread brands to use?

Post by adminemb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Are people here sold and stuck on one particular brand of thread or do you feel that some brands are better for different applications?

NDstitch

Re: What are the best thread brands to use?

Post by NDstitch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:58 pm

I tried several brands, but I found Fufu (Japanese) the most reliable. I was doing canvas bags for the superbowl when it was in Indy. White thread. Small design, all lettering. Easy peasy or so you'd think.

I ran out of Fufu (good easy run all the way down to the core). Dug out some new white Madiera. Ugh.nothing but problems. Pulling & thread breaks.
I had been stitching that design all day, so I knew it wasnt the design. Worst of all it did not look as pretty as the Fufu did - both rayon. I was in a time crunch so no time to order. I happened to remember a box sitting on the shelf had some spools in it. TG there were some cones of white Fufu in there. Enough to complete the run.

I also loved American Thread Inc. Not because it was easy to run (althoI had no problems). But because of the beautiful colors. Made right here in the USA but has a low following.

I do quilted jackets now & American thread cotton is THE superior decorative quilt thread, IMO.

RTstync

-

Post by RTstync » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:09 am

i doubt this thread will ever work, because we all listen to different types of music, and most of us dont listen to the mainstream stuff...

i duno this thread is basicly the what song are you listening to right now but before you state which song your listening to you have to say

"never heard of them, sorry"