How many heads do I need to get started?

Help others know what to look for when buying a new or used Tajima embroidery machine.
adminemb
Site Admin

How many heads do I need to get started?

Post by adminemb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:48 pm

I've had some techs tell me that the 2 head machines are a waste of money.

I've been told that its better two have 2 single head machines or go ahead and move into a 4 or 6 head.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

rmtilley

Re: How many heads do I need to get started?

Post by rmtilley » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:10 pm

I would say that's pretty accurate. I started with a single head and now I'm ready to move up. I was nervous during the first year bc I didn't make a profit. The second year was better. Be sure to plan for that.

adminemb
Site Admin

Post by adminemb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:17 pm

I was advised the exact same thing that getting a 2 head machine is a waste . I can see how since there can be more crap to go out to make you all the way out of the water to having a backup if one is screwing up. Slower but you still have to load the hoop!

NDstitch

Post by NDstitch » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 pm

I would think that checking for used machines would be fruitful now, with so many businesses closing. Even the vulchers who grab up used machines & soak newbies for used machines are loaded.

NDstitch

Post by NDstitch » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:39 pm

RT
Tajima distributor in the USA is Hirsch
https://www.hsi.us/Products/Parent-Cate ... /brandid/1.

But let me warn you, you need to sharpen your bargaining skills.

Look up Barudan & SWF dealers too. Be sure to get a Hoopmaster thrown into the deal, you will need it.

They will normally include low level software. Dont go big into this until you have your feet under you. Using digitizer pros until you see how things should be done is a good idea. Now days there are very inexpensive digitizing software that will do 90% of what my top of the line (Maestro) software did in 2016 when I sold my biz. So dont be lulled into unnecessary expense. I did it against my salesman's advise because I hate to be limited. Salesman was right. It was not marketable at sale time. You have to keep updating it for every update of windows so your version will only be good as long as you have a computer with a compatable version of windows.

BTW the salesman was Brian in Cincinnati. Donno if hes still with Hirsch or not.

Remember, even tho he was very nice, hes under pressure from above.

BTW, there is a youtube video telling it like it is re: investing in this. Its by one of the reseller vulchers himself. He has a good laugh at people who get in & fail. Then he buys for 10 cents on the dollar & resells for nearly what you gave for it. It is a mean buy/sell biz.

I sold mine on Craigslist BTW. All sorts of scammers including one guy in the embroidery biz called. But I finally sold to a nice fireman who paid a fair price.

Good luck!

NDstitch

Post by NDstitch » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:51 pm

BTW the emb. Biz scam guy tried to tell me that my 15 needle single head could no longer be repaired. I knew that was a lie b/c ppl on the old list were using machines 25 years older than mine was. & still getting them repaired (which mine didnt need). Check everything anybody tells you! Including me.