What would cause a machine to not pick up the bobbin thread, just in a certain spot on a 3D design?

Problems with Bobbins? Need help getting it right and choosing the right cases and winding properly. Thread too tight and keeps snapping on you?
adminemb
Site Admin

What would cause a machine to not pick up the bobbin thread, just in a certain spot on a 3D design?

Post by adminemb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

What would cause a machine to not pick up the bobbin thread, just in a certain spot on a 3D design? I've re-threaded, changed needles, moved to a different needle, taken the plate off and cleaned, blown out any debris in the bobbin case area, oiled the hook, and cleaned the bobbin spring,

I can't think if anything else to do, On 2 different 3D cap designs, when head 1 of my TFMX-IIC1504 gets to a certain place, I start getting thread break errors. I check everything, back up a few stitches and try again. It will sew 10-20 stitches and then stop again. I can see that the bobbin thread is not getting picked up on every stitch.

This last design, when the machine got to that point, I took the cap off and it looked like a bird's nest was starting to form. I removed all the wonky stitches, did all the things mentioned above (again) and backed up to start before the bird's nest. It probably stopped 10 or 15 times before it decided it was past the part it didn't like and finished the design. The design was at least 80% complete, and I didn't have an extra caps, so just pushed through until it started sewing right again. I turned that head off and finished the order. I currently have heads 1 and 2 turned off because of bird's nesting problems. Head 2 will sew maybe 3 or for caps fine, then bird's nest. I can clean it out and then sew a few more caps before it happens again. So far I haven't ruined a cap and the shop owner who I'm contracting for refuses to order extras. Says is margins are to small.

Head 2 will also not stop when the bobbin runs out very quickly. It might sew 1000 stitches before it decides to stop and give a bobbin break error. I use Fil-Tec MagnaGlide bobbins and Organ Titanium needles.

I think the picker is off, but don't know how to adjust it. The tech I bought the machine from is coming sometime this next week, but all this was supposed to be worked out before I bought the machine from him.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alisa Davis

Dancing Bay Embroidery

256-783-4727